We had a big storm yesterday, wind blowing at 65km/hr plus snowing heavily all day. We had to dig up the snow around our tents every few hours plus we built snow walls protecting our selves and tents from the winds.
At camp 3 it’s a waiting game, from here we cache at 5,200m then move to camp 4 before attempting the summit. But we need good weather before we can move ahead.
Today the weather settled so we went down to grab our cache 200m below. It took us 3hrs round trip. We made it in very good time as we acclimatized. We then also fixed up our camp as it got beaten up by the storm. So happy got our stash we ran out of food last night.
We had pizza for lunch today, was only a slice but reminds you of the world. Over here we are striped from all the luxuries in life. I can even remember how many days I’m here or showered!
If the weather is good we will go up tomorrow up the head wall to the top of the lines at 5,000m.Read More